Waterproofing Contractors in Melbourne
Certified Liquid Rubber Membrane Contractor
PH (03) 8812 2918
Find Out About
VIDEO - Melbourne Waterproofing Company
Waterproofing Specialists & Registered Building Practitioner
Findlay-Evans Team are
BOTH Builders & Certified Liquid Applied Waterproofers
Our Team offer the complete project, including from structural building works to waterproofing installation. Qualified trades, insurances & experience.
Melbourne - Commercial & Industrial Waterproofing
Paul Evans, Manager / Director of Findlay-Evans Waterproofing has over 30 years in the construction and waterproofing industry.
Australian Waterproofing Standards
The importance of waterproofing should not be underestimated.
According to Paul Evans, President of the Australian Institute of Waterproofing (AIW) and Managing Director of Findlay-Evans Waterproofing, standards in waterproofing can be improved.
READ PAUL EVANS ARTICLE BELOW:
This article by Paul, first published in Australian Institute of Waterproofing (AIW), discusses waterproofing standards within the construction industry: Getting It Right the First Time
- Water penetration is one of the most common causes of building defects.
- In Victoria, waterproofing is an unregistered trade.
- This means anyone with a bucket can call themselves a waterproofer !
- This is alarming considering the consequences of membrane failure and the devastating effects of water leaks.
Choosing Correct Waterproofing System
- Depending on the structure and need, the waterproofing membrane can either be applied to the interior (negative), such as the case with repairs, the exterior (positive), or in places inaccessible by people (blindside).
VIDEO - 3 Types Of Membranes
Choosing Correct Waterproofing Product
The first step to choose waterproofing membrane system:
VIDEO - Liquid Applied Membranes
Liquid Applied Waterproofing Membranes
- Liquid Rubber is a state of the art elastomeric waterproofing membrane offering superior performance and developed to solve the problems that continually arise in the use of conventional membrane systems.
Torch On Membranes
- Membranes are torch welded to the substrate for the best bonding to the substrate and between membranes.
- Open flames may cause OHS issues.
- It is important, the seams where the sheets come together are properly treated and sealed.
- If the seams are not properly treated and all gaps filled with the appropriate sealer, water may leak through and damage surrounding areas.
Problems encountered with sheet membranes with seams & joins.
Download - HERE
Balcony Waterproofing Standards (MBAV)
To ensure water leaks are remedied and will not come back again, use the right waterproof product that is suitable for the design of the balcony.
VIDEO - How to Repair Leaking Balconies
Leaking Balconies are a major source of building defects.
Balconies, especially tiled ones, should have correct waterproof membrane installed.
VIDEO - Tiled Balcony with Leaks
- It is critical below ground waterproofing is done correctly the first time.
- It is not worth taking risks,as rectification can be difficult & costly.
- Using low cost waterproofing products & methods for below ground tanking is short sighted at best.
VIDEO - Basement & Retaining Wall
Waterproofing Using Bentonite
- With bentonite panels, the seal doesn't form until the foundation is backfilled and water reaches the panel.
- Some waterproofers are nervous about using bentonite panels.
- With other products, you can inspect the finished waterproofing application and confirm the integrity of the seal before backfilling.
- Suppose something goes wrong?
- It's a nagging question for many waterproofers.
Retaining Wall - VIDEO
Waterproofing Basements Using Liquid Rubber
Below Ground - Liquid Rubber
Under Concrete Slab - VIDEO
- A flat concrete roof with leaks should be repaired right away as concrete is susceptible to spalling, concrete cancer.
- Concrete repairs are important to prevent and contain the leaks.
- Underground car parks with failed waterproofing system can cause devastating structural damage.
- A flat concrete roof needs a water proof method that will bridge over cracks and also move with the concrete.
Concrete Roof - VIDEO Case Study
- A metal roof, particularly a corrugated one, it is vulnerable to damage and moisture.
- Each panel is attached to metal or wood trusses using screws or steel nails, which can rust.
- Over time, they can lead to leaks, which can be repaired when you locate the source of the problem.